Do not let age change your game….. Rather change your way of golfing by using the best golf clubs.
Pragmatically the senior golfers may witness lack of strength and consistency in their golf game with time. In order to give your best at whatever age you are, a little bit of assistance by the golf clubs is what is paramount.
Though we know that this sport is well suited for seniors, as much of physical strength is not required over the other sports (for e.g. football, tennis, basketball etc.). But then also a decent physical strength for the golf swing movement is essential.
So, stay in the game along with a confident performance with some of the best golf clubs specially designed for seniors.
We hope that these strong and worthy choices will prove of help to you the way you want.
Best Driver For High Handicapper - Reviews & Recommendations
Callaway Golf Men's Strata Complete-Set
- Strata Ultimate is designed for ultimate distance and ultimate performance. This set includes: Driver, 3 wood, 4 & 5 Hybrid, 6 to 9 Iron, PW & SW, Putter, Stand Bag, 4 Headcovers.
- Woods: Full titanium golf driver gives you a large sweet spot and more forgiveness to bomb it off the tee. A very forgiving 3 wood built for long, high flying shots in a more aerodynamic head shape.
The Callaway sets are created with brilliance, are ultra-light weight, 460 cc titanium driver which provide great distance and forgiveness. They are a perfect balance between quality & price and that is why our choicest premium product too.
Due to their forgiveness they are an ideal choice for senior golfers. Time and again the senior players may experience diminishing strength, swing speed, and accuracy and a forgiving club like this helps in delivering decent performance when you are hitting the ball off-center or you don’t have adequate swing speed.
You can play with a variety of shots as the 4 & 5 hybrids are great alternatives to long irons. Comes with a lightweight, durable, easy to carry bag.
You get large sweet spot & more forgiveness
Possess high-flight technology
Includes a stand bag
A 16-piece set
Some users complained about after sales services.
Callaway Golf Men's Strata - Complete Set
- The Strata 12 piece set is designed for maximum performance right out of the box; The set includes: Driver, 3 Wood, 5 Hybrid, 6 - 9 Iron, PW, Putter, Stand Bag and 2 Head covers
- Woods: Lightweight 460cc forged driver that has a large sweet spot, a titanium head, and provides more forgiveness to help you hit it farther off the tee. An oversized 3 wood is forgiving with a more aerodynamic head shape for long, high flying shots
This is another golf set which is stylish and comprises everything what you expect out of a Callaway set. The club comes with a 460cc head and a big sweet spot and designed for forgiveness especially the woods.
For a 12-pc set this stands pretty affordable. These are built for senior golfers who require a boost with their swing speed. Those who want to get rid of their old clubs and start a new journey, this is the one made for them.
A nice balanced feel can be felt throughout the set and these work well to enhance speed & accuracy too.
- Stylish 7 unique design
- Built for forgiveness
- Great ball flight
- An affordable option
- Sand wedge included – a rarity among senior/beginner sets
Some may find it slightly expensive but worth these are.
LAZRUS, Premium Golf Irons
- HANDS DOWN THE BEST QUALITY: This Lazrus golf irons set is made in the same place as some of today's "top" golf iron sets - For 1/4 the price!
- THOUSANDS OF LAZRUS CLUBS SOLD: Our premium golf irons were created for normal everyday golfers like you or weekend warriors but without the crazy price tag. Truly amazing golf club irons that will shave strokes at an amazing price.
The Lazrus premium golf irons are made for the senior golfers who are more robust and have flexibility. Just note one thing here that these are probably the most durable ones and great on the performance scale too but those suffering from any sort of joint problems or arthritis should avoid buying this set.
You will remain confident and sure while striking your shots with accuracy on the golf course as these irons feature deep grooves which deliver outstanding control, consistency, and spin form the fringe, rough, or fairway. Overall, truly amazing golf club irons that are produced to shave strokes at an amazing price.
These irons are made to improve consistency and accuracy
Great and spin is possible by the deep grooves
Solid and high-quality construction
Company claims of 100% risk-free purchase
Some may have swing issues due to less experience.
TAYLORMADE SIM MAX Irons
- Speed Bridge: Revolutionary Speed Bridge technology strategically supports the topline of the iron to unlock explosive distance and forgiveness with improved sound and feel
- ECHO Damping System: Designed with energy channeling geometry to quickly eliminate harsh vibrations at impact delivering a better feel without sacrificing face flexibility
What else can you expect from the TaylorMade SIM MAX Irons but a revolutionary performance indeed! The SIM MAX feature an outstanding Speed Bridge feature that aids the top line prudently unlatching the forgiveness and distance which is demanded by a senior player.
One more advantage is that it has a good impact on the sound and feel of golf clubs. Harsh vibrations are prevented by Echo Damping during the impact without jeopardizing the flexibility of the clubface.
The clubface comes with Progressive Inverted Cone Technology for promoting faster and straighter ball flights. This is no surprise if we call them feature-packed golf clubs.
Patented Speed Pocket optimizes ball speed and forgiveness
Thin clubface offers more forgiveness & ball speed
Forged-like feel by Echo Damping system
Comes with Progressive Inverted Cone Technology
Some users complained about the service issues.
Wilson Men's Complete Golf Set
- Complete golf set includes premium components, advanced materials, and the latest technologies
- 460cc Driver features a large sweet spot and aerodynamic design to improve head speed and deliver greater distance
- Deep, undercut stainless steel cavity-back irons are precision engineered for longer, straighter shots
This is the most economical option in our list of the best golf club for seniors. You will find it more economical than the Callaway iron sets. After impact, these game-improvement irons deliver forgiveness along with a high-launch angle.
The additional launch is offered by the smooth hybrids and this proves great for extra carry and distance. This is a 460cc Driver which features a large sweet spot and aerodynamic design to improve head speed and deliver greater distance.
Without breaking the bank if you want a great senior club set then this worth consideration.
Driver owns perimeter weighting for balance
Additional launch by smooth hybrids
GI irons deliver forgiveness
Wonderful lightweight stand bag for all-time protection
Not the most forgiving in the list.
Senior Men’s Majek Golf Hybrid Full Set
- Right Handed.
- Senior Flex Velocity Graphite Shaft
- Men's Standard Length: #3=40 Inches: Loft=19 Degrees, #4=39 1/2 Inches: Loft=22 Degrees, #5=39 Inches: Loft=25 Degrees, #6=38 1/2 Inches: Loft=28 Degrees, #7=38 Inches: Loft=31 Degrees, #8=37 1/2 Inches: Loft=34 degrees, #9=37 Inches: Loft=37 Degrees, PW=36 1/2 Inches Loft=40 degrees
- UPGRADE FOR ALL 8 HYBRIDS: Midsize Majek Mens K5s Design High Traction Tech Grips-
A hybrid complete set is something that is supposed to be the best for senior players. They are of great use as the shafts are made from graphite and stay lightweight keeping themselves quite comfortable for seniors (prevents straining of muscles etc.).
Another good thing about Senior Men’s Majek Golf is the amazing forgiveness this provides without compromising performance. These hybrids are capable of good distance and accuracy along with ease of use. Clever positioning helps in achieving great accuracy and the high loft of the clubs with large sweet-spot guarantee distance.
Overall the set contains almost all club types needed by a senior golfer.
Lightweight makes them an ideal choice for seniors
Larger sweet spot
A complete set in every way
Putter not included.
Needs a bit of care as enamel may chip with more use.
Things To Look For Before Selecting The Best Golf Clubs For Seniors
Time to check out what all features carry the importance before you invest in your golf clubs.
Shaft Material & Flex
This is a very important factor, let us see how?
There are two commonest materials used to create shafts
Less torque is offered by the stainless steel shafts and this results in least twisting on more accurate shots. Since the graphite shafts are light in weight so make an ideal option for senior and beginner golfers.
You get more distance with minimal efforts with the graphite shafts.
Now the shaft flex part:
- Stiff shaft- Stiff shaft flex prevents the ball from launching too high and this may compromise with the direction. Henceforth, avoid using a very stiff flex.
- Flexible shaft- More flexibility tends to get the ball extremely high and this would jeopardize distance.
- Senior shaft- Selecting a senior shaft is perhaps the safest bet as a senior golfer if you have a slower swing. Especially the ones who have a swing speed is between 60-85 mph.
All those senior golfers who are suffering from arthritis, joint pain, or otherwise should opt for an anti-slip, shock-absorbent rubber grip. And ending up with something like a tight grip may lead to injuries.
The more the number of irons the more tends to be the weight so it’s no wonder that the iron sets of senior golfers should not comprise of heavy irons and rather should have lightweight,lower-numbered irons.
Note that irrespective of the number of the clubhead, it should always be heavy as compared to the traditional structure. The CG will remain lower and the launch angle will remain higher this way. Some extra weight is the part of the sole’s club head.
Back pain and senior golfers kind of go hand in hand and is inevitable. So, choose a length that matches your height. You need to take proper measurements and invest according to that.
If we talk about female golfers then they prefer to purchase golf clubs which are designed according to their average height.
By forgiveness we mean here, a large club face which boosts accuracy. Probably this is the only effective way for digging out if your golf club is forgiving or not.
Keep the golf iron should be organized in a cross-section form and then tapered perfectly to find out the grip is right or not.
Not so easy to hit long irons are replaced by the hybrids brilliantly and they work well for seniors as more distance and improved control is offered by them.
While boosting launch, swing speed, and distance you can confidently rely on the hybrids. They are created using the most forgiving components.
The swing decreases when the loft is higher. So, a 10-degree loft is sufficient for senior players.
Clearly saying, a single degree for every 10 mph can be added always. Taking an example here: A 13-degree loft is demanded by 50 mph. This can be considered as perfect as the golf irons foster an angle of 13-15 degrees more often.
I have tried to review 6 senior golf irons in the best possible way, and brands such as Callaway, Wilson, TaylorMade, Lazrus, are well-renowned and trustworthy too.
These golf clubs are designed for catering to the needs and preferences of the senior golfers along with a slow swing speed.
It is not that only senior golfers can use these clubs but even beginners or people with slow swing speed can use these clubs which feature lightweight graphite shafts and senior shaft flex. These are sure to stay with you for not less than 3 to 4 years.
So, the swing speed and not just the age are the deciding criteria.
Invest confidently and prevent your struggles with boosting clubhead speed.
Q1. Is there any difference between the senior and regular golf clubs?
Ans1. There is one major difference between the senior and regular golf clubs. This is the shaft of the golf club- The regular clubs have heavy stainless-steel shaft and the senior club shafts are made using graphite which keeps them light and comfy. This improves the slow swing speed of senior golfers.
Q2. Why are senior golf clubs costly?
Ans2. The golf clubs are costly and this is not because the brands wanna charge extra from you but due to the lightweight shafts. In comparison to stainless steel, graphite shafts are more costly to produce.